Zypsy is looking for a UX Design Lead, who will help us develop top-quality digital products for new and upcoming startups. You will lead and direct all aspects of the design process, help grow our capabilities at Zypsy and push the edges of the discipline.
As a UX Design Lead, you get to collaborate across disciplines to create integrated design solutions for a wide range of different startups. In this role, you will get exposure and direct many parts of the design process: discovery, brand strategy, concept development, prototyping, working with developers, and design stewardship. As a creator of bar-raising experiences, you inherently look for ways to remove the difficult and make complex experiences feel easy, intuitive and have a seamless flow that helps our startup partners feel empowered.
- 8-10+ years experience working as a product designer, UX/UI designer or interaction designer (preferably at a SaaS company)
- You can clearly articulate your design process, approach, and impact in verbal and visual presentations. This is a client-facing role, we expect you to be able to manage client relationships as well.
- You can effectively scope projects and during the planning stages, consult on deliverables and project team casting that will optimize success.
- You can build trust and guide clients through our creative process. You have the ability to define and establish digital processes that align with both client and internal needs.
- You partner with startup founders to build a vision for something that hasn’t yet been defined; working with copywriters, brand designers, directors, and industrial designers to build something new across every customer touchpoint.
- You are a mentor and a leader and are excited to manage and grow our team of digital designers.
- Diploma or degree in UX Design, Graphic Design or related field
- Familiarity with: Web standards (W3C and 508) / best practices for interaction design and Accessibility
- Agency experience is a plus