Zypsy is looking for a Senior Product Designer, who will help us develop top-quality digital products for new and upcoming startups. You will closely collaborate with our startup partners on providing end-to-end ownership of the design process for major product areas that are critical to the success of the business.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will be responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, wireframes and prototypes. You will also design the overall functionality of the product and iterate upon it to ensure a great user experience.
- Partner with product managers, developers, external stakeholders and other members of the design team to define user problems.
- Facilitate research to identify design problems and discover new opportunities through conducting UX research initiatives.
- Clearly articulate design rationale to peers and stakeholders, while always addressing technical feasibility and business goals.
- Design purposeful solutions that are relentlessly focused on solving real user problems.
- Help to establish, promote and support human-centred design principles, best practises and accessibility standards. Contribute to our ever-growing design system and visual design language
- Provide guidance and mentorship to other designers to help us continue to foster an inclusive and collaborative team environment.
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years of experience working as a Product Designer (or similar role), ideally in fast paced SaaS companies, working alongside developers and product managers
- A portfolio showcasing a strong understanding of interaction and visual design in addition to product strategy and design thinking
- A deep understanding of building scalable design solutions that are inherently accessible
- Experience working in a collaborative and lean/agile environment (startup, product, agency, studio)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using Figma; building design systems
- Diploma or degree in UX Design, Graphic Design or related field
- Experience with illustration & animation